Ever wonder why your dog is constantly frolicking in your trashcan, shredding and dispersing its contents all over the floor? Domestic canines are known for being scavengers, more than hunters – at least when it comes to hunting in the real sense of the word. Because we gracefully fill our pet’s water and food bowl every day, he doesn’t have much to do with foraging for his food, except maybe following a trail of crumbs your kid left behind or patrolling under the kitchen table. This can lead to frustrated, over-stimulated dogs.
Hero dog toys provide many fun ways to keep your dog engaged in happy and stimulating activities. And, Hero Treat N Play toys will also keep him entertained as he works to get food. Developed to reinforce natural foraging behavior, Hero Treat N Play toys will keep your pet’s brain and body actively engaged.
When looking for your favorite Hero treat-dispensing toys, a lot will depend on your pet’s personal preferences. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size of your dog: Be sure to think about your dog’s size. Hero offers options like toys designed for dogs that can he handle large, heavy toys or smaller, lighter toys for a smaller breed or puppy.
- Size of treats: Determine your dog’s favorite treat and be sure it’s compatible with the foraging toy. Treats must be small enough to fit inside the toy, but not so small that they’ll fall right out.
- Durability and materials (Hero’s got durability covered!): How the toy is made and how it fits your dog’s style of play should be determined. If you have a strong chewer, for instance, you’ll want Hero toys that are built with strong, chew-resistant materials. Smaller dogs may be able to play nice with softer materials.
Keep your pet’s brain and body actively engaged with Hero Treat N Play toys developed to reinforce natural foraging behavior. Hero Treat N Play toys are built using strong, sturdy materials and designed to keep your canine friend busy and active. Following are some customer favorites:
- Hero Treat N Play Holi Ball: This treat dispensing ball is durable and has many hollow nooks so you can stuff them with your dog’s favorite treat, Your dog will have hours of fun disemboweling its contents!
- Hero Treat N Play Gumball: An innovative, polycarbonate puzzle toy makes rocks and rattle sound as your dog pushes it around, attempting to free treats from the holes on top. This toy is designed to stay upright at all times and will provide hours of self-entertainment for your dog.
- Hero Treat N Play Foraging Ring: This soft rubber foraging ring features nubs and handles, making it easier for dogs to manipulate as he attempts to remove the treats you’ve placed inside the holes.
- Hero Treat N Play Giggle Ball: This ball opens up to allow easy access to insert treats, plus it giggles and makes noise as your dog attempts to get the treats out. It can also be used with dry food as a slow feeder!
- Hero Treat N Play Bow Tie: The elongated shape of this toy makes it a perfect bully stick or bone holder! Place smaller treats fully inside to give your dog more of a challenge.
These treat-hiding toys encompass areas that the dogs need to learn how to find the hidden treats and are just a few of our great toys to trigger the dog’s curiosity and encourage foraging tendencies. Remember that you should supervise your pets with these types of toys, especially when they’re playing with them for the first time. All Hero toys are built to last, using strong, sturdy materials and designed to keep your canine friend busy and active.
Click here to check out our full line of Hero Treat N Play toys.